White corn is what separates this green bean casserole from the others! Green beans and corn are baked with cream of mushroom soup, dried onions and Cheddar cheese, and topped with fried onions.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl combine green beans, corn, mushroom soup, onion flakes, cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Transfer to a 2 quart casserole dish.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Sprinkle fried onions on top and bake for a few minutes more, until onions brown.