Barbecue sauce is the surprise ingredient here--it's sauteed with ground beef and more traditional nacho toppings for a tangy twist on this everyday dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package nacho-flavor tortilla chips
Brown beef in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Drain the fat from the pan once the meat is browned.
Mix Cheddar cheese, tomatoes, corn and barbecue sauce into the meat. Heat this mixture, stirring occasionally.
While the mixture is heating, make beds of chips onto 4 plates. Pour the hot mixture over the chips. Enjoy!