Chicken, sausage, and shrimp on rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, drained
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 1 pound turkey sausage links, without casings, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Heat oil in an electric skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and saute until soft. Add tomatoes, chicken and sausage; stir together and season with garlic powder, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Stir in rice, pour in broth and add shrimp.
Cover electric skillet and cook at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is tender.