This is another recipe that my boyfriend and I made up. We decided that the normal combo pizza was getting boring so we spiced it up - A LOT. This recipe may not be for the weak at heart. It has some great ingredients such as German salami, portobello mus
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jerk sauce, or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 portobello mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package pre-baked thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) package thinly sliced salami
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven broiler. Brush the green pepper with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and place on a baking sheet. Broil about 5 minutes on each side, until skin begins to scorch. Remove from heat, and seal in a plastic container for 15 minutes. Cut into strips, remove seeds, pulp, and skin, and dice.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken 10 minutes, until juices run clear. Mix in the roasted green pepper, jerk sauce, garlic, and portobello mushroom. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until heated through.
Place the pizza crust on a pizza pan, and spread with pizza sauce. Arrange the salami, then the chicken mixture evenly over the sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake pizza 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.