If you've ever eaten jerk pork then you'll love this recipe that calls for all the fixings for a hot and spicy summer barbecue. The rub is made from a combination of spices, including cayenne, cinnamon, and thyme.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a small bowl, stir together the dried onion, thyme, allspice, ground black pepper, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt. Coat meat lightly with oil, then rub seasoning onto meat.