A lot of flavor is packed in this pasta salad, which features cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and garbanzo beans tossed with Italian dressing.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing, or as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place penne pasta in pot, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until al dente; drain and cool.
In a large bowl, gently toss the cooked penne, garbanzo beans, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, lemon zest, basil leaves, and Italian salad dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill at least 1 hour before serving