A tart and creamy dressing of apple cider vinegar and mayonnaise binds together a festive mix of pasta, chopped eggs, pimentos, dill pickles, onions, bell peppers, olives and tiny squares of American cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package macaroni
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced pimento peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives
- 6 slices American processed cheese, cut into 1/2-inch piece
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Cook macaroni in a large pot of boiling water until tender. Drain.
Blend the vinegar and mayonnaise thoroughly.
Combine noodles, onions, pimentos, pickles, bell peppers, cheese, olives, and eggs in a large bowl. Blend in the mayonnaise mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.