This is the perfect make-ahead pie because the refrigerator does all the work. Simply stir all the ingredients -cream cheese, crushed pineapple, pineapple gelatin, and whipped topping -and pour this delicious filling into a graham cracker crust. Chill for
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package pineapple gelatin
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped cream cheese
Drain juice from pineapple. Set the fruit aside. Dissolve the gelatin in the pineapple juice, and microwave for 1 minute.
Mix whipped topping and cream cheese until smooth. Mix pineapple into creamed cheese mixture. Stir in gelatin, and mix thoroughly. Pour into pie shell, and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours.