A very rich and spicy crab dip with artichokes and white Cheddar cheese. Served in a sourdough bread bowl.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning TM
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (1 pound) loaves sourdough bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, heavy cream and artichokes. Season with horseradish, lemon juice, garlic, and black pepper. Mix well and spread mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish and sprinkle the white Cheddar cheese and Old Bay seasoning on top.
Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until warm and melted. Meanwhile, hollow out the loaves of sourdough bread. Reserving the bread removed.
Spoon the hot crab dip into the hollowed out loaves of sourdough. Use the reserved bread for dipping.