This chili is packed with meat, beans, bell peppers, chili peppers, and delicious Texas flavor!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 serrano chile peppers, diced
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 6 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 fluid ounce key lime juice
- 4 fluid ounces tequila
- 16 fluid ounces beer
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, green bell pepper, orange bell pepper, onion, and celery. Cook until tender. Place pork and beef in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease.
Mix serrano chile peppers, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers, tomato paste, kidney beans, garlic, lime juice, tequila, and beer into the pot. Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 hours.