Everything that you like to put in or on your favorite taco is in this incredibly tasty salad - jalapeno peppers, ground beef, beans, cheese, lettuce, green onion. The dressing is low fat and spiked with taco seasoning mix.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups low-fat salad dressing
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce- rinsed, dried and chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chile peppers, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 12 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (14.5 ounce) packages corn tortilla chips
Brown the beef, drain, season with chili powder and set aside to cool.
Prepare the dressing by whisking the Miracle Whip, ketchup and taco seasoning mix together in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, combine iceberg lettuce, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, green pepper, red or yellow pepper, green onions, jalapeno peppers, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, half of the cheese, half of the crushed chips, dressing and cooled ground beef. Mix well, cover and refrigerate.
Just before serving, top the salad with the other half of the cheese and crushed chips. Serve with whole chips on the side.