Silken avocado, tart apple and sweet grapes and raisins make this a splendid chicken salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - boiled
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup seedless grapes, quartered
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 tart apple - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
In a large bowl toss together the chicken, raisins, celery and grapes. Fold in the avocado and the apple. Mix in the mayonnaise and lemon juice. Chill.