Sweet onions and olives set the tone for this wonderful, quick to prepare summer pasta salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 cup creamy salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped Vidalia onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a medium bowl, blend creamy salad dressing, cider vinegar, and milk.
In a large bowl, mix the cooked macaroni, celery, olives, Vidalia onion, and green bell pepper. Toss with the creamy salad dressing mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until serving.