A quick and delicious side dish or snack. These stuffed tomatoes are as colorful as they are flavorful.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 4 ounces trimmed arugula
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, tops and pulp removed
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a blender or food processor, blend the garbanzo beans, arugula, garlic, feta cheese, 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and olive oil until smooth.
Place tomatoes in an 8x8 inch baking dish. Stuff the tomatoes with the garbanzo bean mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned.