There's nothing complicated about this chicken and rice casserole. It is easy and delicious! A perfect dish for a busy week night in Autumn.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 cup frozen peas
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
Mix the soup, milk, rice, and chile peppers into the casserole dish. Place chicken in the dish. Season with salt and pepper, and top with cheese.
Bake covered 1 hour in the preheated oven. Mix in the peas. Let stand covered 5 minutes before serving.