This classic cheese ball--with the requisite cream cheese base--starts with chopped meat and ends with walnuts.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 ounces cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 1/2 (2.25 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, garlic powder, salt, ham and olives. Form the mixture into a ball. Roll the ball in the chopped walnuts until heavily coated. Wrap the ball in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.