This pastel-hued salad is made with maraschino cherries, pineapple, miniature marshmallows and pecans in a cream cheese, mayonnaise and whipped cream dressing. Freeze for 12 hours before serving.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1/4 cup green maraschino cherries, quartered
- 2 1/2 cups rainbow colored miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
In a mixing bowl, blend together cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
Add pineapple, cherries, marshmallows and pecans. Mix together and fold in whipped cream. Place in a 9x9 inch pan, cover and freeze overnight.
Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving, place on bed of shredded lettuce.