This is the best chili recipe ever! My friend Kelly taught me how to make it, hence the name. My younger brother loves this recipe so much he makes me make it every two weeks.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans light red kidney beans, drained, liquid reserved
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken 10 minutes, or until juices run clear.
Transfer chicken to a large pot over medium heat. Pour the tomatoes and kidney bean liquid into the pot. Mix in onions and potatoes. Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Mix in kidney beans and corn, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until heated through.