A simple assembly of chicken with a slather of barbecue sauce and mustard, topped with bacon and Cheddar.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until nearly crisp
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts and saute until just cooked; don't brown. Place chicken on a lined cookie sheet.
Spread a little barbecue sauce, then a little mustard, evenly on top of each breast. Arrange a bacon slice on each breast, then cover all with cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.