This chicken curry is very easy to prepare, and tastes just like the curries you order at Thai restaurants. As an added bonus -- you can make it all in one pot, so it's easy to clean up afterwards.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Over medium heat, whisk coconut milk and curry paste together in a large saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in chicken broth, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, bell pepper, mushrooms, and chicken. Season with fish sauce and basil. Simmer for 10 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked, yet still tender.