This is a very moist cake. Very easy to make. If you like key lime, you will love this cake.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime flavored gelatin mix
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
Combine cake mix, gelatin mix, oil, eggs and orange juice. Pour into three 8 inch cake pans. Bake according to instructions on box. Allow to cool, then frost.
To make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add lime juice and confectioners sugar. Mix well.