This easy-to-make and refreshing key lime pie has only three ingredients: lime juice, lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk. When the juices are added to the milk everything thickens. This lovely filling is poured into a prepared crust and chilled.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
Combine milk, lime juice, lemon juice, and food coloring. This mixture will thicken.
Whip the cream until stiff. Fold into lime mixture. Pour into pie shell. Chill.