The orange vinaigrette dressing in this wonderful salad gives all the other ingredients pizzazz. There are three kinds of greens - spinach, leaf lettuce, and cabbage -slices of fresh orange and lots of fresh crabmeat. Serves four as a meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 cups fresh spinach - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups leaf lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 2 large oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped tarragon
In a large bowl, combine spinach, lettuce, cabbage, oranges, and onions. Add crabmeat, and gently toss until combined. Set aside.
In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, oil and tarragon. Cover, and shake until well mixed.
Pour orange dressing over spinach salad, and gently toss until salad is well coated.