This is a very flavorful Indian rice pudding made with coconut milk, raisins and nuts. It's the best rice pudding I've ever had, and very easy to make!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
Bring the coconut milk, milk and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan. Add basmati rice, and simmer over low heat until the mixture thickens and the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
Stir in the raisins, cardamom and rose water, and cook for a few more minutes. Ladle into serving bowls, and garnish with almonds and pistachios.