It's not that hard to make your own kielbasa! The best part is that you get to see exactly what goes inside. Boil or grill them before serving.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound ground pork
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon fresh marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 12 sausage casings
In a large bowl, combine pork, beef and garlic. In a separate bowl, stir together black pepper, salt, brown sugar, ground allspice, marjoram and liquid smoke. Combine mixtures and knead with hands to combine.
Fill casings with meat mixture and refrigerate overnight. Boil or grill before serving.