Kielbasa is combined with cabbage, green bell pepper and sour cream in this quick, tomato flavored stovetop soup.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook sausage in butter until brown. Pour broth, tomato soup and water into pan with sausage. Stir in cabbage, onion and bell pepper and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes, or until flavors are well blended. Stir in sour cream and heat through before serving.