I have many favorite chicken salad recipes, but my family and friends love spicy food. That's when this salad fits the bill. Serve it as a side dish at BBQs or as an entree on a busy night after work.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken meat
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned jicama
- 1/4 cup julienned red onion
- 2 (11 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
In a large bowl, gently mix the chicken, carrots, red bell pepper, jicama, red onion, corn, cherry tomatoes, avocados, and cilantro.
In a separate bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, cumin, salt, pepper, taco seasoning, and hot pepper sauce. Pour over the salad, and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.