Chicken, an oniony tomato-cream sauce and Cheddar cheese all rest on a foundation of tortilla chips.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, boiled and deboned
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C.)
Layer the chips in a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
Combine the tomatoes, chicken soup, mushroom soup and onion. Pour half of mixture over chips. Layer the chicken pieces, half of the cheese and the remaining soup mixture.
Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.