Mild onion, kiwi, banana and orange are spiced with a chopped pepper in this refreshing summer salsa. Try it with chips, or as a side to grilled meats and fish.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- 2 oranges - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 4 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped
Heat 1/2 balsamic vinegar in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Slowly cook and stir onion until soft. Stir in banana. Use remaining balsamic vinegar as needed to keep the mixture moist. Stir in oranges, kiwis and serrano pepper. Cook and stir until all ingredients are soft.
Homemade Salsa Secrets