The flavors in this elegant blend are reminiscent of Old Spain. This recipe mix makes enough to serve at a social gathering or to mix and give for holiday gifts. If desired, omit the confectioners' sugar and add honey to the milk to sweeten.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 4 cups French vanilla flavored powdered coffee creamer
- 2 cups Dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons dried orange zest
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground anise seed
In a large bowl, stir together the confectioners' sugar, coffee creamer, cocoa, orange zest, cinnamon and anise seed. Store in an airtight container, or separate into smaller jars for gift giving.
To prepare, mix 1/4 cup of the cocoa mix with 1 1/2 cups of hot milk or boiling water.