Korean bean curd paste and Korean hot pepper paste are the featured ingredients in this quick soup with zucchini, potato, mushrooms and tofu.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons denjang (Korean bean curd paste)
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1/2 tablespoon dashi granules
- 1/2 tablespoon gochu jang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package soft tofu, sliced
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine water, denjang, garlic paste, dashi and gochu jang. Bring to a boil and let boil 2 minutes. Stir in zucchini, potato, mushrooms and onions and let boil 5 to 7 minutes more. Stir in tofu and cook until tofu has expanded and vegetables are tender.