Buttery Greek crescent shaped cookie.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- 36 whole cloves
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
Sift flour with baking powder. Set aside.
Cream butter and gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg yolk, brandy and vanilla. Beat again until very light. Stir in almonds.
Blend in flour mixture, mix to form a soft, smooth dough. Chill 30 minutes or until it can be handled easily.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C).
Shape level tablespoonfuls of dough into crescent-shapes. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Insert whole clove into center of each. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light...do not brown. Cool on rack. Dust generously with confectioners' sugar.