A palate-pleasing and good-for-you salad of mixed greens, fruit and crunchy-coated chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup Kretschmer® original toasted wheat germ
- 3/4 cup finely chopped toasted almonds*
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, as desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (10 ounce) package European salad mix
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 3 fresh nectarines, washed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup prepared reduced-fat or regular raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sliced toasted almonds
Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray large shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
In shallow dish, combine wheat germ, almonds, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. In second shallow dish, beat egg whites and water with fork until frothy. Dip chicken into egg white mixture, then into wheat germ mixture, coating completely. Dip and coat chicken again, coating thoroughly. Arrange chicken on baking pan; lightly spray with cooking spray.
Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
While chicken is cooking, gently toss salad mix with green onions, blueberries, nectarines, mint leaves and dressing. Arrange salad on serving platter; top with cooked chicken. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
* Toast almonds before chopping. Spread nuts in even layer on large baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown. Cool completely.