These are fruit cake type cookie, small and bite sized.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pound red and green candied cherries, chopped
- 1 pound chopped pecans
- 1/2 pound chopped blanched almonds
- 1/2 pound Brazil nuts, chopped
- 2 pounds pitted dates
- 4 candied pineapple rings, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
Cream the butter and the sugar together. Beat in the eggs.
Combine the cherries, pecans, brazil nuts, almonds, dates, pineapple and walnuts. Toss to coat with 1/2 cup of the flour.
Sift the remaining flour with cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in the fruit and nut mixture. Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 15 minutes.