Corn, zucchini, onions, pimentos, and green chiles are coated with a zesty oil and vinegar dressing. This chilled salad is great for cookouts!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimento peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
In a large bowl, toss together the corn, zucchini, pimentos, red onion, and green chile peppers.
In a jar with a lid, mix the olive oil, lime juice, cider vinegar, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Seal, and shake well.
Pour the oil mixture over the corn mixture, and gently stir to coat all ingredients. Cover, and chill at least 3 hours in the refrigerator before serving.