Tender morsels of poached chicken are baked in a noodle casserole with a delectable blend of cream of chicken soup, mushrooms, broccoli, celery and onion. Shredded Cheddar and mozzarella cheese are sprinkled over the top before baking.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 fresh broccoli, minced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 pinch paprika
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Coat a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a 3 quart saucepan, boil chicken for about 30 minutes. Drain, and cut into bite sized pieces.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions. Drain.
In a large bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, broccoli, celery, sliced mushrooms, seasoned salt, salt, pepper, and onion. Stir in pasta and chicken pieces. Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and paprika.
Bake for 45 minutes.