A brilliant tossed mixture of early greens, a colorful vegetable blend, nuts, cheese, and tart kumquats makes for an exciting springtime salad!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces mixed baby greens
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces grated Asiago cheese
- 3 ounces pine nuts
- 4 ounces kumquats - rinsed, seeded and sliced
To prepare the dressing, place extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, and pepper in a small container with a lid. Shake well to blend.
In a medium bowl, toss together baby salad greens, green onions, celery, carrot, broccoli, and cauliflower. Sprinkle avocado with lemon juice, and toss into the mixture. Sprinkle mixture with Asiago cheese and pine nuts. Toss in kumquats. Serve with the olive oil dressing.