This is a recipe I made up. I like using all fresh ingredients when in season, like pureed tomatoes for the tomato juice. But it is really good with the canned stuff. I'll make up a bunch and freeze. Makes for a quick meal, just to heat and serve over spa
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 4 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds spaghetti
Cook ground beef and onion over medium heat till done. Drain off grease.
Combine beef and onion, tomato juice, tomato paste, tomato sauce, grated carrots, seasoning, mushrooms, garlic, and salt and pepper in a large pot. Simmer 2 to 3 hours on very low heat.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Serve sauce over pasta.