This dish is a low fat option and low-carb. The vegetables add a lot of nutritional value and the lamb has tons of protein.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 8 (4 ounce) lamb chops
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound baby carrots, roasted
- 1/2 pound green beans, roasted lightly
- 2 bulbs fennel, roasted and cut into slices
- 1/2 pound red bliss potatoes, roasted and halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat a hot grill and the oven to 400 degrees F.
Toss all of the vegetables in olive oil, sea salt and pepper and roast until tender, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and keep warm.
Rub the chops with oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Place on the grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side. Put on a baking sheet and finish in the oven, about 5 minutes, or until desired doneness.
On a plate, place the vegetables in a mound and lay the chops across the vegetables.