An overnight salad using ramen noodles, cabbage, chicken, almonds, and green onions. This is GREAT -- one of my husband's favorites and it serves a ton of people. Try substituting cashews for almonds and a dash of sesame oil for sesame seeds.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- 2 ounces almonds
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, crushed
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
Combine chicken, nuts, onion, sugar, sesame seeds, noodles and their flavor packet and cabbage in large bowl. In small bowl combine oil, salt, pepper and vinegar. Pour oil mixture over noodle mixture. Let stand overnight in refrigerator and serve.