A dream for families, this creamy chicken dish is a great way to get the kids to eat their spinach.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cold cream cheese, cubed
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
Bring large pot of water to a boil, and stir in penne pasta.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken cubes in broth; simmering until done, about 10 minutes. Stir in cubed cream cheese and spinach. Return to simmer, and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cherry tomatoes, and cook about 3 minutes more.
In a large bowl, mix together cooked, drained pasta and sauce. Let stand a few minutes before serving.