The rich frosting really makes this delicious cake. Rely on this recipe when you want something good in a hurry. This is a free sample recipe of our Quick-Smart™ premium recipe collection. Taste of Home's Fast Family Favorites features 330 mouth-wat
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients. Spread over warm cake. Broil 3-5 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
© 2002 Reiman Media Group, Inc.