Great way to use leftover turkey! A mixture of chopped turkey meat, flour, crumbs, onion, and cream formed into patties, browned and topped with creamy soup for serving.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream, divided
- 1 cup cooked, chopped turkey meat
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Blend in flour, salt, pepper and 1 cup of half-and-half. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring, until thick. Stir in turkey, onion and bread crumbs. Mix well, then shape mixture into 8 small patties and refrigerate to chill for 30 minutes.
Place cornflake crumbs in a shallow dish or bowl and place remaining 1 cup half-and-half in a second shallow dish or bowl. Heat oil in skillet. Dip patties in crumbs, then in cream, then in crumbs again; brown patties in the hot skillet, place in a serving dish and cover with soup.