Tasty and juicy, perfect for a holiday feast.
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 8 pounds whole leg of lamb
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 6 ounces prepared mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
Generously salt and pepper lamb. Smear the mustard all over the lamb and sprinkle it with a fine coating of flour. Place lamb in a roasting pan and place slices of garlic over top. Sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce to taste.
Roast uncovered at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) until desired doneness. About 20 minutes per pound for a pink roast. Remove from pan to a heated platter. Use the drippings to make a gravy by a little flour and water. Season with salt and pepper.