This topless, baked dessert must be cooled completely before adding the final whipped cream, lemon, and mint garnish.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 44 reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine or butter, softened
- 1 egg white
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can low-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 10 lemon rind strips (optional)
- mint leaves (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Place wafers in a food processor; process until finely ground. Add sugar, margarine, and egg white; pulse 2 times or just until combined.
Press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch round tart pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
Combine grated lemon rind, juices, eggs, and milk in a bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely. Top with whipped topping. Garnish with lemon rind strips and mint, if desired.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 270 (27% from fat); FAT 8.2g (sat 2.2g, mono 2.4g, poly 1.5g); PROTEIN 6.7g; CARB 43.4g; FIBER 0.6g; CHOL 71mg; IRON 0.2mg; SODIUM 173mg; CALC 15m