The carbonated lemon-lime soft drink gives this strawberry pie a bit of a kick!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
In a medium saucepan, cook carbonated beverage, sugar and cornstarch over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin.
Place strawberries in pie crust and pour gelatin mixture over top of them. Spread whipped topping over strawberry layer; cover and refrigerate overnight or for several hours before serving.