These layered lemon bars are beautiful as well as irresistible. A lemon cake layer is topped with a lemon cream, and then a lemony crumb topping.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice from concentrate
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 15 X10X1-inch baking pan. In large bowl, combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg; mix well (mixture will be crumbly). Stir in cracker crumbs. Reserve 2 cups crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture firmly on bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine egg yolks, EAGLE BRAND® and lemon juice; mix well. Spread evenly over baked crust.
Top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until firm. Cool. Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.