Light, fluffy dessert-like cake with a taste of cheesecake.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 14 graham crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
To Prepare Crust: mix graham crackers, 1/2 cup sugar and melted butter and press into 9 x 13 inch pan.
Mix lemon gelatin with 1 cup boiling water and let cool.
Meanwhile, whip the chilled evaporated milk, add the 1 cup sugar and lemon juice. Whip until sugar is dissolved. Whip in the cooled gelatin into the milk mixture then stir in pineapple.
Pour lemon mixture over crust in pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers and chopped maraschino cherries if desired. Chill several hours or overnight.
Variation: Mix one 8 ounce package of cream cheese with the 1 cup sugar; add this to the whipped milk, gelatin and lemon juice mixture. Stir in pineapple then proceed as above.