Chicken breasts are marinated in a tangy, zesty lemon sauce in this delicious recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup long strip of lemon zest
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, paprika, pepper, onion, and lemon zest. Place chicken in a medium baking dish. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Cover dish with aluminum foil, and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Place covered baking dish in the preheated oven. Do not drain marinade. Bake chicken 30 minutes. Uncover dish, and continue baking 15 minutes, until marinade is boiling and chicken juices run clear. Let chicken rest 5 minutes before serving.