Deliciously large shrimp, tossed with red pepper and fettuccine. Makes for a wonderful main dish or appetizer.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 3/4 pound large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound dry fettuccini pasta
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Meanwhile prepare the remaining ingredients.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the red pepper, shrimp, mint, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
Add pasta to the boiling water and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Add the pasta to the shrimp mixture and toss to coat well.